The Hydrogen Council is looking to recruit a full-time Communications Manager. Are you motivated to contribute to the Hydrogen Council’s mission to advance hydrogen as a critical energy vector for the energy transition? Then read below the necessary skills for an application.
About the job
The Hydrogen Council is a global CEO-led initiative that brings together leading companies with a united vision and long-term ambition for hydrogen to foster the clean energy transition. Using its global reach to promote collaboration between governments, industry and investors, it provides guidance on accelerating the deployment of hydrogen solutions around the world. The organisation was created in 2017 and has members based across all major time zones in Americas, EMEA and APAC. The Council’s secretariat is based in Brussels. More info on: www.hydrogencouncil.com.
The Hydrogen Council’s secretariat is growing its team and is looking for a:
ROLE DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES
- You are a key player in the management of the Hydrogen Council’s communications activities. As such, you will be responsible for managing communication channels and initiatives including but not necessarily restricted to:
- Social media: you manage Hydrogen Council’s social media accounts such as: LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram,… Furthermore, you proactively monitor, analyse and report on relevant social media streams and trends;
- Press releases: you support and manage the preparation of press releases when needed;
- Interviews: you are responsible for the coordination with media outlets for interviews, mainly with the Hydrogen Council’s Executive Director;
- Newsletters and short articles: you are reposonsible for the preparation of internal (for members of Hydrogen Council) & external newsletters. Furthermore, you prepare short articles for publication in channels such as LinkedIn;
- Website: you are responsible for managing, updating and maintenance of the Hydrogen Council’s website;
- Speaking programme: you coordinate the speaking programme for the Executive Director of the Hydrogen Council;
- Communication programme development around key Hydrogen Council activities;
- Event management: you support the organisation of events (both in-person as well as digital) including large-scale CEO meetings involving the whole membership. Your support will be needed at all stages: preparative and planning phase, logistical organisation (digital or meeting venue etc.), as well as hands-on support during the events;
- Communication subcontractors: the Hydrogen Council works closely together with subcontractors to achieve a high level of quality and service. This also applies to coommunication. You are responsible for the coordination of the activities of the communication subcontractors, and will be their day-to-day contact person;
- You operate in an international setting with English as the de facto standard language;
- You are part of a dynamic and constructive environment, in which all team members contribute to building a quality and service oriented organisation. While each team member has its own area of activity, ensuring the continuity and high-level performance of the main membership processes is a collective responsibiliby of the entire team.
- You have excellent organisational and communication skills. You are capable of working independently, yet at the same time a team player. You are strong in problem solving, have a structured approach when dealing with matters assigned to you and have the ability to make sound judgments. You have the capacity to deal with multicultural settings, have a strong drive, know how to handle complex situations and pay attention to detail;
- Service minded and professional: often you will be the person responsible for the first impression people will have when contacting the Hydrogen Council. You take pride in taking care of the needs of the members of the Hydrogen Council. You remain calm and professional under dynamic work loads;
- You are looking forward to being part of an international setting that requires a flexible, diplomatic, tactful and service oriented mindset;
- You have a desire to actively contribute to the mission of the Hydrogen Council and are genuinely interested in the role of hydrogen in the future energy mix;
- Education: university degree – candidates from a variety of backgrounds will be considered including degrees in international relations, communication, political studies, economics,…;
- Experience: we are looking for candidates with 5-10 years of experience in communication, with several years of experience in an international/global setting;
- Language skills: excellent written and oral communication skills in English is a must. Candidates need to be able to contribute to the production of high-level materials (reports, presentations);
- Other: well developed competencies in the usual range of IT tools (e.g. MS Office), open to learn additional tools.
- Contract type: employee;
- Expected start date: as soon as available;
- Remuneration: competitive, based on experience;
- Location: Brussels;
- Under permissible circumstances travel will be required to attend international events and maintain partnership relationships coincident with key events and/or project milestones.
- Please submit your current CV (max. 2 pages) and a short letter outlining your motivation and vision for the role to email@example.com using “Vacancy / Communication Manager” as the email subject line;
- All applications must be received no later than January 31st 2021;
- Due to the anticipated volume of applications, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with further information.